Research and Projects

NC State University:

My main research projects have been concentrated around developing an efficient algorithm for solving stochastic combinatorial optimization problems using simulation optimization. One of the interesting applications of this algorithm is solving feature selection problem in data analysis, which is the application dr. Shashaani and I are more focused on; we call this algorithm SOFS, short for Simulation Optimization based Feature Selection. During the past year, we were able to achieve promising improvements toward our algorithm and these results have been presented in various poster sessions and papers. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in learning more about this research.

I also actively participate in the CMS challenge, which is a collaborative project between many faculty members and students in NCSU and Oregan State University.

Sharif University of Technology:

My BSc's final project was to implement a forecasting model on Iran's Market stock's values, utilizing methods of GARCH, ARCH and ARIMA. My advisor was dr. Modarres.

For more information about me please refer to my CV.